When you are ready to select a REALTOR®, here are a few questions you can ask.
Make sure the REALTOR® presents a "listing presentation" to you. This presentation should answer many of these questions. If you will need a buyer's agent, also make sure everything is explained up front.
- How long have you been a REALTOR®? Full or part time?
- What professional organizations do you belong to?
- Do you have a valid Department of Real Estate License?
- What is your responsibility to me as your client?
- Do you represent both buyers and sellers at the same time? If so, Who's best interest are you looking out for?
- How will you keep me informed of new listings that I may be interested in?
- What does the listing agreement entail, what are the beginning and expiration dates, and what are the fee amounts I will be paying?
- Is there a charge or contract when working with buyers? (Some brokers/agents DO have contracts and fees)
- What is your marketing philosophy? Ask for their complete marketing plan A-Z.
- What can the Realtor's company do for you? What is their company's share of the local market? Are they part of a large or world wide referral network?
- What types of things separate you from your competition and will you give me some feedback? How effectively will they advertise? Do they have 24-hour advertising capability?
- What disclosure laws apply to me and what do I need to be aware of?
- How does the Realtor market to other Realtors?
- Are they a Realtor or a Real Estate agent? (There is a difference)
- Does the Realtor have a strong internet presence? If not, why? Will your home have enough exposure for all potential buyers to view? (85% of buyers go to the internet first)
Cecilia Sherrard is a full time dedicated Realtor in Northeast Ohio. With years of experience and knowledge, she has maintained a multi-million dollar producer status.
Servicing areas such as: Westlake, Lakewood, North Olmsted, Rocky River, Cleveland, Brook Park, Parma, etc. Visit her website at http://www.youshouldown.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Cecilia_Sherrard